Important Methods to Reset Comfast Extender
In this technological era, millions of people around the world have Comfast extender to extend the home network coverage to every nook and cranny of their house. It has many features that enhance the internet experience. But, nowadays Comfast users come across with issues that can be only solved by resetting the device. So, today, in this blog we are going to tell you about the two most important methods to reset Comfast extender. If you are unaware of the reset process, then this post will assist you. Read on!
First, we would like to tell you about the factory reset because many users are unaware of the reset features.
What is Factory Reset?
For your information, reset is a kind of feature that is available in every electronic gadget. This feature is mostly used when the users face many troubles with the functionality of their devices. But, do you know after performing the reset process what will happen? If not then don’t worry, we will tell you.
The reset procedure clears all the customized settings from the device. In other words, your device will become new as it is set to its factory default settings. Now, let’s move to the methods to reset Comfast extender.
Methods to Reset Comfast Extender
Well, there are two straightforward procedures to reset the Comfast extender. The names of the methods are web interface (Soft reset) and hard reset. Both procedures are very easy to perform. Below we have given a brief introduction to both procedures.
Web Interface: In this process, you need to access the default web address of the Comfast extender to reset Comfast extender. So, keep the default URL of the device in mind during the procedure.
Hard Reset: This method is one of the best and easy ways to reset the device. You just need to locate the reset button on the device and press it.
Now, you know about both the procedures in brief. If you want to know more about them in detail, then move to the further section in which we mentioned the steps of both methods.
Reset Comfast Extender (Web Interface)
- Power on the extender by plugging it into the working wall outlet which supplies the sufficient power supply.
- Press the start button to bootup the extender.
- Take the Ethernet cable and use it to connect the extender to the host router.
Note: It is important to use the non-damage Ethernet cable for the connection because a faulty cable doesn’t supply the proper signals.
- Turn on the computer or laptop (You can use any one of them).
- Open the latest web browser on your computer.
- Access the default web address of the extender.
- Press the Enter key.
- Now you need to enter the Comfast extender admin details.
- Click on the Login button.
Comfast extender dashboard appears in which you need to perform the below-mentioned sub-steps:
- Go to the menu settings.
- Click on the Advanced setting.
- Select the Factory Reset option.
- Now, you need to follow the on-screen fields to complete the reset process.
This is all about how to reset Comfast WiFi extender via the web interface method.
Reset Comfast Extender (Hard Reset)
- Initially, you need to power on the extender.
- Now, look for the Reset button.
- In most extenders, Reset button is situated on the back side of the device.
- Once the button is found, press it for some time.
- Now, wait for some time until the device is reset properly.
- The Comfast extender reboots automatically the reset is done.
These are the steps that you need to perform to reset the Comfast extender via the hard reset procedure.
Now, you know the methods to reset the Comfast extender in a hassle-free manner. However, once the reset process is complete, you need to re-install the device and you can also make the changes in the settings according to your comfort.